This add-on is supported for MATLAB R2016a - R2018b.
This add-on library extends MATLAB Support Package for Arduino Hardware to read from L3G gyros. With the add-on, you can read measured angular velocity in radians per second. Supported boards are L3GD20H, L3GD20, and L3G4200D.
% Create arduino object with the add-on library
a = arduino('COM38', 'Uno', 'Libraries', 'Pololu/L3G');
% Create L3G object
gyro = addon(a, 'Pololu/L3G');
% Obtain angular velocity
vel = readAngularVelocity(gyro);
It includes documentation and an example that demonstrates the use with L3G gyro to get angular velocity.
Important: Before using this add-on library in MATLAB, you need to install the L3G Arduino library. Here are the instructions:
1. Download the zip file from https://github.com/pololu/l3g-arduino/archive/2.0.0.zip
2. Unpackage the zip into local directory.
3. Move the ‘L3G’ folder inside the unzipped folder into the "libraries" folder inside your Arduino sketchbook folder. You may need to create the folder if it does not already exist:
On Windows, the default path is "Documents\Arduino\libraries\"
On Mac, the default path is "~/Documents/Arduino/libraries/"
On Linux, the default path is "/home/<username>/Arduino/libraries"
1. After installing this add-on library and the required Arduino library, type "listArduinoLibraries" in MATLAB to see if the add-on is properly installed.
2. Wire up the Arduino board and the add-on device properly before creating the object to avoid a connection error in MATLAB.
3. Refer to the documentation for details on usage and syntax. It can be found under Supplemental Software in the product documentation.
Feel free to contact the MATLAB Hardware Team if you have questions about this add-on library:
MathWorks MATLAB Hardware Team (2019). L3G Add-On Library for Arduino (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/57171-l3g-add-on-library-for-arduino), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Updated description and release compatibility to specify that the library is only supported for releases through R2018b.
Added license addendum and updated MathWorks http references to https
Update the Arduino library install instructions in both the webpage description and shipping documentation.
Inspired by: MATLAB Support Package for Arduino Hardware
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.