Creating and Populating a Simulink Dataset from Simulink model
Updated 11 May 2017
How does this work?
1. The Dataset is created from a models interface (root inports).
2. This Dataset is then populated with data specified by you. If your data is of the wrong type, data will be cast to the datatype of the root inport.
3. If placing this Dataset in the base workspace, you can set up this Dataset as external inputs to the model and simulate.
a. Use Configuration Parameters to set external input string, or
b. Use Root Inport Mapping with port order or block name mapping mode.
What is supported?
1. Built-in datatypes
3. Signals with dimensions (scalar and array)
What are the limitations?
1. No busses
2. No array of busses
3. No functions calls
See tryMe*.m in the project for examples of how to use in a MATLAB script.
Follow these directions to create your own Simulink project from this one:
Stacey Gage (2023). Creating and Populating a Simulink Dataset from Simulink model (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/58047-creating-and-populating-a-simulink-dataset-from-simulink-model), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
Update to use new R2017a function, createInputDataset.m
Add ability to generate Simulink Dataset from models with inherited properties on inports
1) Set default signal times to use model start time and stop time.