GUI for Multivariate Image Analysis of Multispectral Images
Updated 29 Nov 2004
A GUI for MIA of multispectral image data sets (PCA, Simplisma, MCR, classification) and basic processing techniques (threshold, histogram, profile plotting, image filters filters)
Runs under both MATLAB 14 and 13 versions.
Please e-mail me directly if problems/errors are found.
I really appreciate your feedback!
Requires Image Processing Toolbox.
Contains following Multivariate routines:
- PCA, Simplisma (pure variable method) and MCR (Multivariate Curve Resolution);
- Three types of image classification (2 unsupervised (K means, Fuzzy C) and 1 supervised (Maximum Likelihood)).
Basic image processing (from IP toolbox):
- cropping, resizing
- contrast enhancement
- morphological (opening, closing, eroding, dilation)
- edge extraction
- histogram equalization (GUI histogram.m)
- threshold (GUI threshold.m)
- profile plotter(GUI profile.m)
Works with most types of image formats:
- JPEG, TIFF, BMP and more (see imread.m for format types)
- RGB images are converted to grayscale
- mat files containing three-dimensional arrays: [m x n x p]
- Works with TEXT files containing image arrays or individual files
- Works with Kratos VAMAS format XPS photoelectron images *.vms
To run, type:
Following GUIs can be used individually. Look in help for the instructions.
I would like to acknowledge following files by other users:
Clustering Toolbox by David Corney
threshold_grayscale_image.m routine by Alister Fong
uigetfiles routine for selecting multiple files by Greg Aloe
Kateryna Artyushkova (2023). GUI for Multivariate Image Analysis of Multispectral Images (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/6072-gui-for-multivariate-image-analysis-of-multispectral-images), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- AI, Data Science, and Statistics > Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox > Dimensionality Reduction and Feature Extraction >
- MATLAB > Graphics > Images > Read, Write, and Modify Image >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.