This add-on library extends MATLAB Support Package for Arduino Hardware to control Adafruit NeoPixel LED strip. With this add-on, you can control the color and brightness of an RGB or RGBW NeoPixel strip to produce various lighting effects.
% Create arduino object with the add-on library
a = arduino('COM10', 'Uno', 'Libraries', 'Adafruit/NeoPixel');
% Create NeoPixel strip object with 30 pixels
sensor = addon(a, 'Adafruit/NeoPixel', 'D6', 30);
% Write colors to the first 20 pixels
writeColor(neostrip, 1:10, 'magenta', 11:20, 'yellow');
It includes the documentation and examples that demonstrate the use of the Adafruit NeoPixel addon.
MATLAB R2017a or higher and MATLAB Support Package for Arduino Hardware are required.
Important: Before using this add-on library in MATLAB, you need to install the Adafruit NeoPixel Arduino library. Here are the instructions:
1. Download the zip file from https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_NeoPixel/archive/v1.1.2.zip
2. Unpackage the zip into local directory and rename the folder to ‘Adafruit_NeoPixel'.
3. Move the ‘Adafruit_NeoPixel’ folder into the "libraries" folder inside your Arduino sketchbook folder:
On Windows, the default path is "Documents\Arduino\libraries\"
On Mac, the default path is "~/Documents/Arduino/libraries/"
On Linux, the default path is "/home/<username>/Arduino/libraries"
1. After installing this add-on library and the required Arduino library, type "listArduinoLibraries" in MATLAB to see if the add-on is properly installed.
2. Wire up the Arduino board and the add-on device properly before creating the object to avoid a connection error in MATLAB.
3. Refer to the documentation for details on usage and syntax. It can be found under Supplemental Software in the product documentation.
Feel free to contact the MATLAB Hardware Team if you have questions about this add-on library:
cannot add this add on the way it is specified above. Matlab does not consider the folder ..Documents/Arduino/libraries
I am unable to add this add-on within MATLAB as well.
Hmmm... Am I the only one who cannot add this add-on? Could anyone give me some help? Thanks in advance!
I am using MATLAB R2015b and i've just done the above and it still doesn't recognise the library. When i type "listArduinoLibraries":
What can I do?
I'm using this library with R2017b, Arduino Pro Mini(5V) and NeoPixel Ring 24x5050 RGBW LEDs.
There are working well on Arduino IDE enviloment. So, I want to use them with MATLAB.
I'd like to set 'NeoPixelTypes' RGBW in addon command. But I could not do that for error about 'padarray' function.
I don't have "Image Processing Toolbox". Can I use this library without Image Processing Toolbox?
Added license addendum and updated MathWorks http references to https
Inspired by: MATLAB Support Package for Arduino Hardware
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.