This submission contains the MATLAB code for the technical article "Creating Specialized Charts with MATLAB Object-Oriented Programming". These examples were developed by Ken Deeley and David Sampson at MathWorks. This File Exchange entry contains all code and examples used in the article.
A chart provides a task-specific application programming interface (API) for creating custom visualizations. Designing and implementing a chart not only provides a convenient API for end users, but simultaneously removes the need for the user to manipulate low-level graphics objects.
The code comprises several examples of custom MATLAB charts, together with a chart gallery for browsing the available charts. Enter >> chartGallery at the command line to launch the chart gallery.
You can inspect the source code used for each chart, explore the features and functionality of each chart, and run Live Script examples demonstrating the use of each chart.
Thank you for providing feedback. Further updates to this File Exchange entry are planned. I would be interested to investigate items (1)-(3) with you in more detail. Please email me at <first name> dot <last name> at mathworks dot com with a brief description of the reproduction steps. (4) is fixed for the next release. (5) is a good idea if we release this entry as a toolbox at some point.
A nice ambitious project. It would make me happy to think that this "Chart" object would be continued to be developed.
I have some small issues:
1. The detection of the "GUI Layout Toolbox" does not necessarily work (for me) even though it is installed.
2. The GalleryLauncher misaligns the chart with the image associated with that chart
3. Do you really want to pollute the users name space with your +Data and +Exercise packages (?)
4. Cylinder.mlx contains a saved error
5. Should (or can) this project have the proper MATLAB toolbox parts: help, contents file etc.
Requires GUI Layout Toolbox: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47982-gui-layout-toolbox
Inspired by: GUI Layout Toolbox