CircHist creates circular (polar) histograms from angle data, either distribution data or already-binned data. Works with circular and axial (bimodal) data. Circular statistics (average angle, 95 % confidence interval, resultant vector length, Rayleigh test of uniformity and circular-linear correlation) are automatically calculated using the CircStat Toolbox (https://github.com/circstat/circstat-matlab) and are graphically included. All visual properties can be dynamically adjusted; see @CircHist/html/exampleCircHist.html for usage examples. This function is conceptually similar to MATLAB's ROSE and POLARHISTOGRAM functions, but differs from them in several respects:
- Instead of plotting the histogram bins as wedges, they are plotted as straight bars.
- The histogram bins can have error bars.
- The radius-axis scale is shown as a straight scale next to the plot.
- Circular statistics are automatically computed.
- Arrows with specific direction and length can be overlayed.
Frederick Zittrell (2021). CircHist - circular / polar / angle histogram (https://github.com/zifredder/CircHist), GitHub. Retrieved .
Frederick Zittrell (2019). CircHist (https://www.github.com/zifredder/CircHist), GitHub. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!