Note: This version is for MATLAB release R2018b and later. If you are using MATLAB R2018a please use the other version here:
This package includes MATLAB and Simulink files that allow users to communicate with and control the sensors and actuators used in the Arduino Engineering Kit, most of which are connected through the MKR Motor Carrier. This includes:
• DC motor – control up to 4 DC motors simultaneously
• Servo motor – control up to 8 servo motors simultaneously
• Encoder – read up to 2 encoders simultaneously
• Tachometer – read rotational speed from the hall sensor on the motorcycle’s inertia wheel
• BNO055 IMU sensor – read from the accelerometer, magnetometer, and gyroscope
• Ultrasonic sensor – measure the distance to an object
• LiPo Battery – read the battery voltage
Examples are included to demonstrate how to use the MATLAB functions and Simulink blocks included in this package.
Learn more about the Arduino Engineering Kit at www.mathworks.com/arduino-kit
1) After installing this toolbox, type the following command in MATLAB to open the ReadMe
>> edit ArduinoKitHardwareSupportReadMe.txt
2) Be sure to follow the steps in this file, as it provides instructions on downloading the Arduino library for the MKR Motor Carrier. This library is required for some of the functionality to work.
In the latest version 1.1.1, this bug is fixed. The Simulink Support for Arduino MKR Motor Carrier library will show up on the library browser and the Simulink Support for Arduino Sensors is now under Sensors sub folder in the Simulink Support package for Arduino.
I am having the same problem as Multiplexer and Sebastian. I don't have both "Simulink Support for Arduino MKR Motor Carrier" as well as "Simulink Support for Arduino Sensors" in my Simulink's Library. It is required for the Engineering kit chapter- 188.8.131.52 Arduino Device Driver Blocks
I have the same problem like Multiplexer. The Library does not show in Simulink Library browser.
Library does not show in Simulink Library browser. Upon library refresh an error shows up in Matlab command window:
"Warning: An error occurred while parsing
Error Message: Invalid arguments in the message cell. They should be of type 'character vector',
'float' or 'integer'. "
I followed steps from the ....ReadMe.txt file and reinstalled the add-on (throught the Matlab Add-on explorer). Nothing works.
Fixing a bug identified by user - Library not visible in Library browser.
Fixing path related issues
Updating release compatibiltity
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.