When you create toolbox you often face issues, i.e.:
- how to automate routine tasks related to the toolbox building end using
- how to easily and correctly distribute your toolbox via the internet
- how to make users notice that a newer version of the toolbox is available
- how to easily store toolbox data (i.e. user preferences) not in the curent folder but in some convinient location
Toolbox Extender address those issues extending built-in MATLAB capabilities of toolbox creating.
WHY SHOULD I USE?
- It will save your time spended on toolbox developing
- You will avoid some typical errors related to toolbox building and distribution due to automation
- Your toolboxes will have unique features (autoupdating via internet and user preferences storing)
- It's easy to add exdended capabilities to your toolbox
- It's easy to use them due to built-in documentation and examples
- Easily install/uninstall toolbox and check current version (Extender)
- Access toolbox documentation and examples (Extender)
- Automatic toolbox building and deployment to GitHub (Dev)
- Ability of installed toolbox to automatically update itself to the latest version from GitHub (Updater)
- Toolbox ability to store any data within itself, i.e. settings (Storage)
- MATLAB R2018b
- Installed Git for Dev functionality
- Public toolbox project on GitHub for Updater functionality
Pavel Roslovets (2019). Toolbox Extender (https://www.github.com/ETMC-Exponenta/ToolboxUpdater), GitHub. Retrieved .
Jan, thanks for extremely useful feedback. I've updated the description.
The description above is clear, if you know, what this tool does. But for a newcomer it is hard to guess, what the purpose of this tool might be. A reader might decide too early that further investigations are a waste of time only. So please elaborate this text a little bit: For which task is your tool useful? Who will profit from it? What is the advantage compared to which other tools?
- Dev: auto update project root and file when build toolbox
- Documentation has been updated
- Storage was fixed
-> Toolbox Updater has been renamed to Toolbox Extender
New Developer functionality:
- now works with App projects
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.