Updated 26 Nov 2020
The Getting Started Demo by Speedgoat, takes you through the typical real-time simulation and testing workflows using simple exercises that include Simulink models and Speedgoat real-time target machines with I/O connected to a Device Under Test (DUT) with an electric DC motor, switches, and LEDs.
The reference application leverages the Speedgoat Getting Started Demo Kit (https://www.speedgoat.com/products-services/demo-kits/getting-started-demo), which features an electric servo DC motor via an H-bridge and potentiometer feedback.
This kit seamlessly operates with the cost-effective IO397 FGPA I/O Module (https://www.speedgoat.com/products/simulink-programmable-fpgas-fpga-i-o-modules-io397) and is delivered with a custom FPGA implementation file integrating:
- PWM generation (https://www.speedgoat.com/products-services/i-o-connectivity/pwm),
- I2C communication (https://www.speedgoat.com/products-services/communications-protocols/i2c),
- and General Purpose Digital I/O code modules.
Learn how to:
- Integrate analog and digital I/O driver blocks to your model
- Create a real-time application from Simulink, and download it to a Speedgoat real-time target machine
- Connect the Real-time target machine to a simple device under test (DUT) including an electric DC motor, LEDs, and switches
- Implment PWM and I2C communication on configurable FPGA
- Monitor, log, and tune signal parameters on the fly
1. Open MATLAB and open Simulink Project File.
2. Click in the 'Getting Started' project shortcut
3. Follow steps in live script documentation
For R2020b: Click on the "Download from GitHub" button above.
For R2020a: https://github.com/Speedgoat-Application-Engineering-Team/Getting-Started-Demo/archive/R2020a.zip
For R2019b: https://github.com/Speedgoat-Application-Engineering-Team/Getting-Started-Demo/archive/R2019b.zip
For R2019a: https://github.com/Speedgoat-Application-Engineering-Team/Getting-Started-Demo/archive/R2019a.zip
For R2018b: https://github.com/Speedgoat-Application-Engineering-Team/Getting-Started-Demo/archive/R2018b.zip
For R2018a: https://github.com/Speedgoat-Application-Engineering-Team/Getting-Started-Demo/archive/R2018a.zip
Speedgoat Application Engineering Team (2021). Getting-Started-Demo (https://github.com/Speedgoat-Application-Engineering-Team/Getting-Started-Demo/releases/tag/6.0.0), GitHub. Retrieved .
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!