Brainstorm is a free Matlab application dedicated to MEG and EEG data visualization, processing and cortical source estimation.
For physicians and researchers, the interest of this software package resides in its rich and intuitive graphic interface, which does not require any programming knowledge.
It includes tools such as:
- Support for most of the common file formats for MEG, EEG and MRI
- Basic pre-processing (frequency filtering, resampling, epoching, baseline removal, averaging, etc.)
- Visualization of recordings: time series, 2D/3D topographies
- Visualization and cortical sources: cortex surface, MRI volume
- MRI/EEG/MEG co-registration
- Database and powerful database explorer
- Forward modeling: spherical models, overlapping spheres, BEM
- Inverse modeling: minimum norm, beamformers
- Definition of clusters of electrodes
- Regions of interests at cortical level
- Group analysis, registration of individual brains on a template
- Statistical tests: t-test, permutations