Aras Comet SPDM
Simulation automation workspace integrating parametric CAD/CAE models and tools within the Aras PLM Platform
- Integrated simulation environment for simulation process automation and data management
- Ability to set up analysis templates with expert rules before geometry is created
- Low-code graphical authoring of simulation templates for automation and knowledge capture/reuse
- Use of CAE results to drive parametric CAD designs
- Connectors to Excel®, MATLAB®, MSC Adams™, MSC Nastran™, ANSYS, LS-DYNA®, Abaqus, Thermal Desktop®, SigFit, OpticStudio®, and CODE V
- Connectors to SolidWorks, Creo, NX, SpaceClaim, and Inventor
The Aras Comet SPDM simulation automation workspace enables you to simulate the structural, thermal, and optical performance of product designs (both static and dynamic) using simulation codes, such as Adams, for rigid and flexible multibody dynamic simulations, and Abaqus, ANSYS, LS-DYNA, and MSC Nastran, for finite element analysis (FEA). With Aras Comet SPDM, you can develop mechanical assembly simulations that are automatically connected and meshed and are fully associative to the parametric CAD geometry.
Aras Comet SPDM also enables you to create a fully automated STOP (Structural/Thermal/Optical Performance) template for complex, multi-physics simulations of optical systems, distributed across your network, as required. With the connection to the Aras PLM Platform, the inputs to the simulation template and the results from the simulations are managed accurately within the enterprise Digital Thread, making simulation an integral part of enterprise product development processes, with full traceability and closed-loop validation.
Typical end users of the Aras Comet SPDM simulation templates are workgroups that comprised analysts and engineers from many disciplines— from systems analysis to full 3-D validation. Analysts create the simulation template, identifying the requirements of the design and compare them with simulation results. Engineers, working within the parameters of the template, design and simulate a virtual prototype of the system using data generated or processed by many tools, including MATLAB. Aras Comet SPDM connects to MATLAB using the COM interface and XML toolkit. The integration allows users to pass parameters from their CAD and CAE models directly into MATLAB for advanced modeling of various system phenomena, and to retrieve results back into Aras Comet SPDM for further analysis and report generation.
- System integration
- Lifecycle Management Software
- Modeling and Simulation Tools
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Finite Element and Structural Modeling
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Vibration Analysis and Control
- Optics Systems Modeling
- Aerospace and Defense
- Computer Electronics
- Industrial Automation and Machinery
- Medical Devices
Related Connections Views: Lifecycle Management Software, Modeling and Simulation Tools, Data Analysis and Statistics, Finite Element and Structural Modeling, System Modeling and Simulation, Thermodynamics, Vibration Analysis and Control, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Computer Electronics, Industrial Automation and Machinery, Medical Devices