MATLAB R2022a Native Apple Silicon Platform Open Beta
Please login to your MathWorks Account in order to view this content.
The MATLAB® R2022a native Apple® silicon platform open beta is an early build of MATLAB for Apple silicon Mac® users to evaluate the execution of existing code and apps, and to test third-party integrations and add-ons. This beta will be available until August 31, 2022.
The MATLAB R2022a native Apple silicon platform open beta has the following limitations:
- The open beta includes MATLAB only. Simulink and toolboxes are not available.
- Native Apple silicon MATLAB performance is still under development and this open beta is not representative of how a production release of MATLAB will perform on Apple silicon.
- The documentation included with the native Apple silicon platform open beta is incomplete.
- The add-ons explorer is not available. Add-ons can still be installed manually.
- Support packages are not available.
- MATLAB Engine API for Python is not available.
- The open beta requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). You must install a JRE on your Mac to run the open beta.
Obtain a JRE
To use the MATLAB R2022a native Apple silicon platform open beta, you must install a Java 8 JRE on your Mac. This JRE must run natively on Apple silicon.
Azul® makes a Java 8 JRE available as part of their Java 8 OpenJDK installation: Download Azul Zulu® OpenJDK 8.
Select the .dmg installation option so MATLAB can detect Azul Zulu OpenJDK 8 on your Mac.
- Enter your email address
- Sign in or create a MathWorks Account
- Provide additional information
- Submit form