This function combines the functionality of IMAGE, IMAGESC, IMSHOW and MONTAGE.
In particular, it improves upon the MONTAGE function in the Image Processing Toolbox in these ways:
- Image Processing Toolbox not required
- Images are placed in subplots, so can be zoomed separately.
- Small images are properly enlarged on screen.
- Gaps can be placed between images.
- Images can be viewed on a grid smaller than the number of images.
- Surplus images can be viewed by scrolling through pages.
- A directory of images can be viewed easily, by calling IMDISP with no arguments (a visual DIR).
To see two useful modes of operation try the following:
imdisp(D, bone(256), 'Size', 1);
Use arrow keys to scroll through the image set with the single image.