This function allows you to plot one or more lines with their error range/confidence intervals/whatever bounds you require. It provides an advantage over several other similar entries on the FEX in that it:
1) allows x-y input similar to plot, where one call can create multiple lines at once, either by listing consecutive x-y pairs or by using using matrices for x and/or y.
2) can add bounds in either the x- or y-direction, leading to support of plots where the x axis represents the dependent variable
3) can render the shaded bounds either with transparency or as a lighter opaque patch, allowing flexibility with different renderers (helpful when OpenGL acts up, as it often does on my own computer).
4) Can use linespec definitions, a colormap, or the default color order, as well as varying color intensity for the shaded bounds, for flexible color of lines and bounds
5) returns handles of lines and patches for future modification if necessary