Read metastock files (symbols index files: master, emaster, xmaster; data files: .dat and .mwd; no .dop support)
(1) METASTOCKREAD Read the symbols index file selected with uigetfile and import the data
(2) METASTOCKREAD(FULLPATH) Read the file specified by FULLPATH
OUT = metastockread(...)
OUT is a "m by 1" NON-scalar structure, where "m" is the # of .dat/.mwd files in the same directory of the symbol index files.
The (sub)scalar structure has the following fields:
- datNum : # of the .dat/.mwd file with the data
- symbol : security symbol
- name : security name
- inDate : initial date as 'yyyy-mm-dd'
- fiDate : final date as 'yyyy-mm-dd'
- freq : time freq. of the data I (intraday), D (daily), W, M, Q or Y
- idFreq : intraday time frequency in minutes
- data : time series data with variable number of fields (columns)
The data field columns follow the schema:
| Date/Time | Open | High | Low | Close | Volume | OpenInterest |
For details see help
For examples see the attached image.
WARNING: This function has not been tested extensively therefore I ask to report any unexpected behaviour and to attach the metastock files which you tried to import.