Given an undirected network represented by an adjacency matrix, we may wish to find that network's
- largest component
- number of components
- list of which nodes are in which component together.
This code computes these rapidly (linear in the number of nodes) and accurately. The code is commented so that if you wish to modify it, you may do so.
1. Network adjacency matrix.
1. Number of network components
2. Sizes of network components (sorted, descending)
3. Membership list of each component (sorted by component size, descending).
Code includes a couple examples of usage at the top. I have tested this in R2014a, but it uses nothing fancy, and I believe it to be backward compatible for many years.