Geometry library to handle and visualize geometric primitives such as points, lines, circles and ellipses, polylines and polygons...
The goal is to provide a low-level library for manipulating geometrical primitives, making easier the development of more complex geometric algorithms.
The library proposes functions to:
- create various shapes (points, circles, lines, ellipses, polylines, polygons) using an intuitive syntax. Ex: createCircle(p1, p2, p3) to create a circle through 3 points.
- derive new shapes: intersection between 2 lines, between a line and a circle, parallel and perpendicular lines
Functions to compute intersections
- work on polylines and polygons: compute centroid and area, expand, clip with half-plane...
- measure distances (between points, a point and a line, a point and a group of points), angle (of a line, between 3 points), or test geometry (point on a line, on a circle).
- manipulate planar transformation. Ex: P2 = transformPoint(P1, createRotation(CENTER, THETA));
- draw shapes easily. Ex: drawCircle([50 50], 25), drawLine([X0 Y0 DX DY]). Some clipping is performed for infinite shapes such as lines or rays.
Additional help is provided in geom/Contents.m file, as well as summary files like 'points2d.m' or 'lines2d.m'.
Note: the project has merged with the geom3d library (FeX 24484), and is now hosted on sourceforge: http://matgeom.sourceforge.net/