Business Systems Analyst / Administrator
The Business Systems Analyst / Administrator works closely with our business stakeholders and IT to support MathWorks’s data warehouse and reporting applications. The role will focus on operations and administration of our data warehouse and our business intelligence tools. Responsibilities include: systems performance monitoring and optimization, report tool administration, end user support, upgrades and systems management, solution design, debugging requirements gathering, and data analysis.
- Monitoring of our data and reporting solutions to ensure optimal system availability and adherence to our SLAs
- Providing front-line support for Business Objects, Power BI & Tableau or other tool-related questions and requests
- Providing day-to-day support to business users that are developing new reports and analytic solutions; be a reporting tool expert and consulting resource for internal customers
- BI tools system and data mart administration, responsible for monitoring and upgrades
- Work with our vendors to report, mitigate and resolve product issues and bugs
- Provide advice and support to MathWorks’s team members regarding BI application development, data extraction, and solution deployment
- Responsible for exploring new tools and features within BusinessObjects, Power BI, Tableau and other BI tools; this includes dashboards, mobile capabilities, analytics and data visualizations
- Support for a variety of new project initiatives
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 3+ Years of administrative experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Crystal, BusinessObjects, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SSAS, Microstrategy, or OBIEE
- B.S. degree in MIS/IT or business-related field
- Experience with administration of BI Tools and data warehouses
- Excellent customer facing communication skills
- Experience with systems analysis, data analysis, and debugging
- Experience working and designing with Data Models
- Hands-on experience with SQL coding/querying
- Experience with BusinessObjects upgrades and Universe design is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.