Software Engineer - Cloud and Analytics Applications
- Job: 27253-MKAI
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Product Development
Are you interested in being part of a team building the next generation of Online Learning Products? Does working with a smart talented agile team interests you?
At MathWorks, we are building Learning Analytics to provide data-driven insights to empower educators to advance various teaching methodologies and improve student learning outcomes. We are looking for an someone who is passionate about education and who can define and build innovative data products that help educators better understand student learning patterns and personalize the MATLAB and Simulink learning material to engage the students in a more effective way.
Being part of Online Products team, you will utilize your cutting-edge web development skills (Cloud, Microservices, event-driven architectures) to advance our online learning applications, APIs and integration framework as we drive the MATLAB and Simulink Online Learning platform forward. You will be part of a small, new, fast-paced team working directly with our training services group, customers, academic institutions and online learning platform providers.
- Play a key role in designing, architecting, and developing MATLAB Grader features and enhancements.
- Design, architect, and implement software with high-scalability and high-availability in mind.
- Work with cross functional teams to create requirements, design specifications, and participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate with User Experience and UI designers to develop customer workflows.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with object oriented design
- Application development in Java, Go or any other object-oriented languages.
- Familiarity with cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience with MATLAB is a plus.
Nice to have
- Interest in Data Science.
- Interest in learning new technologies and getting outside comfort zone.
- Interest in microservices, event-driven and serverless architectures.
- Interest in NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.