Senior Software Engineer - UI Development
The MATLAB UI Tools and Services team is seeking a motivated senior software engineer with a passion for developing user interface capabilities to enhance the MATLAB UI platform!
Join this dynamic team that is responsible for the design and development of the next generation of beautiful, modern, and responsive web-based UI components and services for MATLAB. MATLAB is used by hundreds of thousands of engineers worldwide, and our UI tools enable MATLAB users to build apps seamlessly and with ease. You will be helping us build the next generation of UI capabilities, including new components and features like Dark Mode and Theming for MATLAB apps.
We're looking for individuals with a passion for developing high-quality, well-architected software. You will have the opportunity to work as a key member of an agile team, own highly visible work, and explore new technologies. You will be working on all aspects of software development using user-centered design practices. If you are excited to contribute to the app building experience in MATLAB, we want to hear from you!
MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work-from-home model featuring both home-office flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration.
Design, develop and maintain a rich set of web-based MATLAB UI Dialogs and Tools.
- Apply modern coding and design standards, and respond to evolving platform requirements.
- Create requirements, design specifications and implementation plans for new capabilities.
- Collaborate with Usability, QE, documentation and other support teams in development.
- Provide continuous value to customers through regular enhancements and timely bug fixes.
- Work in an Agile development environment and apply lean and test driven methodologies.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB programming and debugging.
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Experience with OO design and API design.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent user interface design and implementation skills.
- Experience with Refactoring, SDLC, Agile and Lean development.
- Experience collaborating with customers.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.