- Identifying the role of verification and validation in Model-Based Design
- Creating test cases for Simulink models
- Analyzing simulation results to verify model behavior
- Automating testing activities and managing results
- Automatically generating artifacts to communicate results
Day 1 of 1
Verification and Validation in Model-Based Design
Objective: Introduce verification and validation in the Simulink environment and discuss how it fits in to a typical project workflow using Model-Based Design.
- Continuous test and verification
- Types of verification
- Electronic throttle control project
Developing Test Cases
Objective: Create time-based and logic-based test cases for a Simulink model.
- Defining test cases
- Generating test harnesses
- Creating and importing test inputs
- Incorporating logic in tests
Analyzing Test Results
Objective: Analyze test results of a Simulink simulation, both during and after the simulation.
- Performing requirements-based assessments
- Logging, inspecting, and comparing test results
- Collecting model coverage
Building Test Suites
Objective: Create repeatable groups of tests and automatically generate reports from the test results.
- Creating test files
- Configuring simulation, baseline, and equivalence tests
- Viewing and documenting test results