- Recreate the boot image with 'Target Scopes' Disabled. This boots the target in a text only mode - you can use the target in exactly the same way with the exception of viewing scopes on the target screen.
- Ensure USB is disabled in BIOS. Some USB controllers have a conflict with the kernel.
Network Boot Problem - xPC - Help Needed
4 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
Yohahn Ribeiro on 23 Jul 2014
Edited: Yohahn Ribeiro on 28 Jul 2014
I am trying to network boot a Dell desktop with the xPC kernel. Here are the details of both the host and target computers.
- Static IP Address - 169.254.1.1,
- Subnet - 255.255.0.0,
- Ethernet Card - Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller (Not Supported)
- DHCP - Disabled
- DELL Laptop
- Static IP Address - 169.254.1.3
- Subnet - 255.255.0.0
- Ethernet Card - Intel 82579LM (Supported)
- DHCP - Disabled
- DELL Desktop
I have sorted out all the Target BIOS settings and changed the boot order so it boots off the network first. I have also enabled the LAN (PXE Boot) in the BIOS settings. On the host computer I have entered all the correct data in the slrtexplr and created the network boot image.
Problem - Once I start the target, it connects to the host, and a pop up message appears that says "Booting Target PC with MAC xx:xx...". After that, the monitor connected to the Target just goes blank.
I have attempted running slrttest on the host, however the initial test fails and says I have a problem with my TCP/IP connection.
Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Suneesh on 24 Jul 2014
Perhaps the video card is not supported. Try:
More Answers (0)
Find more on Multicore Processor Targets in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!