How and where can I get the clearance permission for using maps generated in MATLAB?

1 view (last 30 days)
I want a clearance under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) for using geoshow generated maps. Where do I contact ? This clearance is required in a Journal for using maps.
  1 Comment
John D'Errico
John D'Errico on 14 Aug 2022
Edited: John D'Errico on 14 Aug 2022
I'd be interested in learning the answer to this, as it is one that pertains in more generality to anything you might create using MATLAB. But in that same light, I would see MATLAB as a tool. As the creator, it is your work that is involved. For example, were I to paint a painting, I would not need a license from the manufacturer of the paint brushes I used, or the provider of the paint colorants, or even the source of the canvas where the paint is then applied. Any necessary license was automatically conveyed when you purchased the materials or the tools of work.
Anyway, if you want a real, legally valid answer then Answers is NOT the place to ask it! Answers is a public forum, where anyone can post, and all responses are done at will by individuals. As such, if you want a valid answer, then you need to contact MathWorks directly, not via Answers.

Sign in to comment.

Answers (1)

Steven Lord
Steven Lord on 14 Aug 2022
For legal questions like this please create a service request for Customer Service.




Community Treasure Hunt

Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!

Start Hunting!