MATLAB Answers

0

Matlab Mobile - Extracting my sensor data isnt working properly.

Asked by Daniel Hauch on 26 Oct 2017
Latest activity Answered by Daniel Hauch on 30 Oct 2017
Hello all,
i am working with matlab mobile and i am facing a rather annoying problem. I dont even know if it is caused by Matlab Mobile/Matlab/Android or my Smartphone. I work with Matlab R2016a.
After i have created a successful connection between the smartphone and matlab and logged some data, i want to extract it via [Accel, t_Accel] = accellog(m). But the results i get seem to be corrupt/broken. The timevector isnt contiguous and i receive too few data. If i shake my phone for like 15 seconds and the contiguous party of timevec imply a frequency of ~12 Hz my Datamatrix is only 70x3 and not ~180x3 as i would expect.
Does anyone of you know where my problem occurs from? I tested 2 different smartphones and controlling matlab mobile on the smartphone and in matlab with console commands (m.Logging =1 ; m.Logging =0;) and i still get similar problems.
I hope someone has a smart idea.
Greetings

  0 Comments

Sign in to comment.

Products

1 Answer

Answer by Daniel Hauch on 30 Oct 2017

I fixed the problem!
If anyone is interested, i will write a quick report.
Making timevector contiguous: delete old mobiledev and create a new one. I dont know why this problem occurs, but this is a simple fix.
Receive logged data completly: Matlab Mobile needs quite some time to postprocess the logged data. Therefore you have to wait some time until the log-functions return vectors with the appropiate length. I automated this process with the code showing below:
t_Accel_old = 0;
while true
%get data from mobiledev and save in var
[Accel, t_Accel] = accellog(m);
if length(t_Accel_old)==length(t_Accel)
break;
end
t_Accel_old = t_Accel;
pause(2);
end
I hope my explanation is helpful and saves someone some time.
Greetings

  0 Comments

Sign in to comment.