How to install MATLAB R2020a on ubuntu
- Download the Matlab installer file
- Unzip the installer file using this command:
unzip -X -K matlab_R2020a_glnxa64.zip -d matlab_2020a_installer
- Open the matalab_2020a_installer folder and open a terminal
- use your terminal as root using the following command :
- type your password then :
Now the MATLAB Installer is on, sign in, follow the steps and choose the product that you need
Be sure to run the installer as root that will allow matlab to write in /usr/local/MATLAB/R2020a folder
Using only the sudo command can cause this error message :
$ sudo ./install
No protocol specified
terminate called after throwing an instance of '(anonymous namespace)::DisplayError'
what(): No display available.