The "StartService FAILED 1068" error appears when the port that your server is trying to use is unavailable. This typically happens when the port is being blocked by another instance of Web App Server.
In order to check whether the port is already in use, you can follow these steps:
1) Open the "Resource Monitor" application in Windows.
2) Navigate to the "Network" tab within the Resource Monitor and expand the list of "Listening Ports".
3) If the port that your Web App Server is using is listed in "Listening Ports", then the port is already in use and Web App Server will not be able to access the port. By default, Web App Server will attempt to access port 9988.
If you find that the port is already in use, you have two options:
1) Stop the service that is opening the port by opening the "Services" application in Windows, finding any instances of Web App Server, and right-clicking on these services and selecting "Stop".
2) Change the port that your Web App Server instance is using. You can doing this using the "Port Number" option on the "Configure and Run" tab of the Development Web Apps Server application.
If you continue to experience issues after following these steps, then your firewall may be blocking the port. If this is the case, then you would need to allow the port in your firewall's settings.
Hope it helps!