New Desktop for MATLAB (Beta)
Try new Beta features including dark theme, updated layout, expanded search capabilities, and more.
Updated 15 Mar 2023
The next evolution of the MATLAB desktop is in Beta development. Try out a preview today.
Top Beta Features
These are some of the many enhancements and new features of the new desktop:
- Dark theme - Change the colors of the desktop by selecting a dark theme.
- Updated layout - Quickly access tools and change your layout using the sidebar.
- Expanded search capabilities - Easily find actions, settings, and resources using the new universal search box.
- Figure toolstrip - Use the new figure toolstrip to easily modify annotations, text, and line styles, and view generated code.
- Keyboard and screen reader accessibility support - Use a screen reader to interact with the Command Window, Editor and desktop tools.
- Enhanced MATLAB Projects workflows - Collaborate using an improved user interface, manage multiple repositories using the Branch Manager, and investigate project hierarchies using the new Dependency Analyzer view.
To share feedback, including any issues encountered, use the Feedback button that appears directly above the toolstrip.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2023a
Compatible with R2023a
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.