This potential flow simulator simulates the flow past bodies of arbitrary shape including airfoils. With this simulator, we can do the following tasks,
* Compute and plot the Velocity Vector Plot of the flow past the selected body.
* Compute and plot the Pressure Distribution in terms of both Cp ( pressure coefficient ) and 1-Cp.
* Compute and plot the cL Vs alpha Curve of the selected body.
* Export the pressure distribution and the cL-Alpha data at various angles of attack as Ms.Excel file.
* Capture the images that are generated in the simulator (Profile and mesh details of the body, Vector plot, Cp distribution and cL - alpha Curve ) as .jpg files.
* Automatic name generation for exporting the data and capturing the images to avoid the confusions that are very common in any Scientific Computing.
* Total of 9 Arbitrary bodies coordinates files are included in the simulator as default. You can also generate your own coordinates file of any shape and associate with the simulator.
* Total of 1550 Airfoils coordinates files are provided with the simulator ( All are checked for compatibility so that the simulator can read without any problem ).
* One can view the pressure distribution for range of angles attack dynamically and interactively
* The Menu lists the available data files very dynamically. Even if the data files are added, removed or renamed when the simulator is open ( before running the simulation ), the simulator detects it and updates the list.
* Well Customization is made possible through the Options menu
* Extensive Help is also included for better utilization.
* All of these are kept in a attractive and user friendly Graphical User Interface.
J. Divahar (2021). Panel Method Based 2-D Potential Flow Simulator (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/12790-panel-method-based-2-d-potential-flow-simulator), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!