sync2brain's bossdevice RESEARCH Application Programmable Interface (API) for MATLAB
- MATLAB® R2022b or newer in their latest update available.
- Simulink Real-Time®
- Simulink Real-Time Target Support Package
- bossdevice hardware
- bossdevice firmware (MLDATX file included in the toolbox installer)
Enable bossdevice communication over Control PC
- Turn on the bossdevice and connect the
Control PCEthernet port on your bossdevice to an available Ethernet port on your computer.
- On your computer, follow these steps to configure the local Ethernet interface on your PC with the IP address
- If you are working on Windows, please set the Development-to-Target Computer Ethernet Interface as
Private. Follow the steps documented here.
Installation and initial toolbox configuration
bossdevice-api-installer.mltbxfrom the latest release available in the GitHub project.
- Start MATLAB and install the bossdevice API toolbox with double click on
- In the MATLAB Command Window, call
bd = bossdeviceto add the bossdevice with the default settings to the list of targets. If you want to change either the name of the bossdevice or its default IP address in your local MATLAB settings, call
bd = bossdevice('bossdevice','192.168.7.5')replacing the function arguments with the name and IP address you want to set on the real-time device.
- Open the documentation
Optionally, for more information about how to get, install and manage add-ons for MATLAB like the bossdevice API toolbox, please visit this documentation page.
- Create an instance of the main control class bossdevice
bd = bossdevicein the MATLAB command window from any working path, since the toolbox has already been added to your MATLAB path.
- If not found in the MATLAB path or you want to use a custom firmware version, please select
- Initialize the bossdevice with
- Click on the update command if prompted to update the software dependencies on the bossdevice.
- Run the signal processing application on the remote device with
bd.startin the MATLAB command window.
- Open the documentation
openBossdeviceDocand explore examples with
demo_script_nameand methods available in the bossdevice object.
Please download and install the toolbox in MATLAB for a complete access to the user manual with the command
openBossdeviceDoc in the MATLAB console. You will find more details about API properties and methods, example scripts and further technical information.
Feedback, questions and troubleshooting
If you have any issue to report or enhancement to request, please create a new Issue. If you have any other topic to discuss like a question about usage, a tip to share with the community or other topic of interest, please check out our on-going Discussions.
Pablo (2023). bossdevice API for MATLAB (https://github.com/sync2brain/bossdevice-api-matlab/releases/tag/v0.9.2), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!