These versions of mp3read and mp3write are direct drop-in replacements for wavread and wavwrite to access MPEG audio mp3 files. Features include:
- aims to duplicate complete syntax of wavread and wavwrite
- also supports on-the-fly downsampling and channel merging of mpg123
- optimized for very long mp3 files - only decodes the needed portion
- uses popen for encoding to avoid a large temporary file (when available - see my popenw mex)
- attempts to preserve time alignment of files through read/write loop by removing "warm up" samples
- package includes helper binaries for Linux, Windows, Mac-PPC, Mac-Intel, and Mac-Intel-64bit
Dan Ellis (2022). mp3read and mp3write (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/13852-mp3read-and-mp3write), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: MP3WRITE and MP3READ
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!