Machine Vision System - Color Recognition
Updated 3 Mar 2008
This gui is a simple demonstration of machine vision system deployed for color matching.
The opening gui program is eyekon.m and the rest of the m files are either supporting or function files.
Except the main color matching function which are the p-files, I have all other functions as m files to
protect the I.P.
This is an actual implementation of the system at one of the 2 wheeler vehicle manufacturing company
I have modified a little as the main implementation required camera interface and hardware triggering
The main objective of this project were are:
1. To identify the three basic colors, i.e red, black and blue on hardware trigger,<I have modified this part
as hardware triggering would have had been difficult to simulate for everyone, so it is either timer based
"Auto Inspect" or "Manual Inspect" >
2. Give out an Audio -Visual Indication on Color Change
3. Display a "model" wearing that specific colored dress on color change
4. Display NOCOLOR when color is not identified
5. Functions like Auto Hide, Animation on/off, Audio indication on/off etc
6. Control Panel to add more colors
7. This program also stores last selected parameters on gui close, like position, auto hide, sound alert
and on_top parameters.
I would like to thank all those who contributed to making this code a success. The link of the thread
found here < http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/164139 >
User comments welcome
Vihang Patil (2023). Machine Vision System - Color Recognition (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/19020-machine-vision-system-color-recognition), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > Display and Exploration >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > Image Segmentation and Analysis >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Computer Vision Toolbox > Recognition, Object Detection, and Semantic Segmentation > Semantic Segmentation >
- MATLAB > Graphics > Images > Modify Image Colors >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > Import, Export, and Conversion > Color >
Inspired by: splash.m(revised)
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.