Object: Roll dice for scoring combinations and get the highest total score.
This text-based command window Yahtzee game was inspired by a few of the other submissions on this site. This version has the following features:
- High scores list
- Multi-player versus option
- Stable, pleasing and intuitive interface
- Conforms to all official Yahtzee rules (including bonus Yahtzee joker scoring: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Yahtzee.pdf)
- Short, modular, commented code (usefull for editing and following flow)
- Consice and transparent score allocation logic
- Text-only game mechanics makes it look like you're working
>> ZYahtzee % runs game
>> ZYahtzee(p) % runs game for p players
Enjoy a brief game of Yahtzee!
Zachary Danziger (2020). Text Yahtzee (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27891-text-yahtzee), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Fixed high score record recording bug that occurred when the current directory was different from the Yahtzee directory.
Added features to bonus stats display - The game will now save scores to appropriate directory (even when not currently in that dir) - there is now no need to include spaces when entering held die numbers for faster play
This update fixes the improper scoring for Yahtzees in versus mode.
- fixed spelling error in game board