main executing reference usage: usage_alarm.m
Illustrates the use and enhanced version of standalone alert.
The objective is to illustrate the use of a timed alert with email notification.
This subsumes an enhanced version of alarm (). The enhancement includes:
1. Feature of clear all activity threads.
2. Feature of specific activity threads at once by providing from the parameters without user prompt.
3. Query of the number of threads.
4. Announcing the number of times for snooze allowable.
5. Long Time delay setting may be in weeks.
6. alarm(0); formerly gives a buggy output of immediate prompt given input = 0, but now it sets 24 hours from now
7. modularized coding
<< known bug >>
alarm(date); % this will cause it to be recognized as a value of char which is translated to a numeric value
If the reference demo has a more elegant presentation, please do not hesitate to suggest and send feedback to author.
Michael Chan JT
Michael Chan (2021). Send Timed Alerts Over Email (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/29224-send-timed-alerts-over-email), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Inspired by: ALARM
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!