This software package includes functions for working with OpenStreetMap XML Data files (extension `.osm`), as downloaded from http://www.openstreetmap.org, to:
1) Import and parse the XML data file and store the parsed data in a MATLAB structure. This data represents the graph of the transportation network.
2) Plot the MATLAB structure to get a visualization of the transportation network, its nodes and their labels.
3) Extract the adjacency matrix of the directed graph representing the network's connectivity (i.e., road intersections).
4) Find shortest routes between nodes within the network. Note that distance is measured as the number of transitions between intersection nodes, not over the map.
Development and releases on GitHub:
(linked also here).
PDF documentation, bundled dependencies, and an example file `map.osm` can be found in the releases page on GitHub:
The example file `map.osm` can be used with `usage_example.m`.
Ioannis Filippidis (2022). OpenStreetMap Functions (https://github.com/johnyf/openstreetmap), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox > File Import and Export >
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox > Web Maps >
- MATLAB > Mathematics > Graph and Network Algorithms > Construction > Directed Graphs >
- Engineering > Civil and Environmental Engineering > Transportation Engineering >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!