The toolbox provides functions to (see the related journal article: http://www.frontiersin.org/Behavioral_Neuroscience/10.3389/fnbeh.2013.00007/abstract) :
- encode dual quaternions: a point position, velocity, a line position, velocity, a rotation, a translation, a screw,...
- do operations on dual quaternions: the dual quaternion multiplication, the dual quaternion conjugates, the inverse,...
- retrieve parameters from a dual quaternion: finding the parameters of a rotation dual quaternion, or a screw dual quaternion,...
- easily going back and forth between Fick rotation coordinates, 3*3 rotation matrices, rotation dual quaternions, angular vector
- find the shortest rotation between two unitary vectors
- find the shortest screw motion between two lines (it answers if two lines intersect, and if relevant, what the intersection point is)
The toolbox also provides one example file (example_forward_kinematics.m) (see also the file "html/example_forward_kinematics.html"). This
example describes the forward kinematics of the end-effector of a two- or three-link arm in 3D space. The user can choose between two methods
(alternating rotation and translation dual quaternions, or using screw motion dual quaternions) to encode the forward kinematics: the results are
identical, whatever the method which is used. Furthermore, for the three-link arm, the orientation of the end-effector is also taken into account
(via line transformations).
For each of these methods and example, the user will find an extensive documentation by typing HELP NAME_OF_THE_FUNCTION in the MATLAB environment
Guillaume Leclercq (2022). Dual quaternion toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/39288-dual-quaternion-toolbox), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: Robotics Dual Quaternion Toolbox
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!