MATLAB®Support Package for Raspberry Pi™ Hardware enables you to interactively communicate with a Raspberry Pi board, even remotely from a computer running MATLAB
You can acquire data from sensors and imaging devices connected to the Raspberry Pi and process them in MATLAB.
- Communicate with other hardware through the GPIO, PWM, Servo, Serial, I2C, and SPI interface
- Capture images and record videos using Raspberry Pi addon Camera boards
- Capture images using USB Web camera connected to Raspberry Pi
- Control Sense Hat shield connected to Raspberry Pi board
- Use MATLAB Runtime environment to create and execute compiled MATLAB applications on systems without an installed version of MATLAB
- Deploy a MATLAB function as a standalone executable with Run on Target Hardware workflow on Raspberry Pi boards
- Develop and Deploy standalone embedded applications to run algorithms including Deep Learning with Run on Target Hardware workflow on Raspberry Pi boards
- A dedicated MATLAB App, - Raspberry Pi Resource Monitor, - to manage deployed applications and other hardware peripherals connected to Raspberry Pi
- For a step-by-step tutorial, watch Getting Started with MATLAB Support Package for Raspberry Pi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ByiUdOwsw
- Watch how to use Raspberry Pi with MATLAB Online - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BW2WAqW1vs
- To know more about the supported Raspberry Pi boards and other features, visit - https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/raspberry-pi-matlab.html
- This support package is functional for R2014a and beyond.
- If you have download or installation problems, please contact - Technical Support
- For MATLAB R2017a and earlier versions, this support package is currently unable to download third-party software. For details and workaround, see this Bug Report https://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/1741173
- MATLAB R2017b and later versions are unaffected.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2014a
Compatible with R2014a to R2024a
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS (Apple silicon) macOS (Intel) Linux
- MATLAB > Data Import and Analysis > Data Import and Export > Hardware and Network Communication > TCP/IP Communication >
- Code Generation > Embedded Coder >
- Test and Measurement > Data Acquisition Toolbox > Analog Input and Output >
- Test and Measurement > Data Acquisition Toolbox > Digital Input and Output >
- Test and Measurement > Data Acquisition Toolbox > Data Acquisition Toolbox Supported Hardware >
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition Toolbox Supported Hardware >
- Test and Measurement > WSNs >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!