File takes as input vector of points (lat/lon) and coastal resolution and returns vector of indicators for whether these points are over land or ocean. Makes geographic plot too, if desired.
Primary code was given in a response to a question by Brett Shoelson in Feb 2011: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/1065-determining-whether-a-point-on-earth-given-latitude-and-longitude-is-on-land-or-ocean
As far as I can tell, this code has not been put into a function file for public use.
Dan Chavas (2023). land_or_ocean.m (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/45268-land_or_ocean-m), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox > Geometric Geodesy >
- Radar > Mapping Toolbox > Geometric Geodesy >
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox > Coordinate Reference Systems >
- Radar > Mapping Toolbox > Coordinate Reference Systems >
- Sciences > Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences > Oceanography and Hydrology >
- Engineering > Civil and Environmental Engineering > Coastal Engineering >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!