This is the MATLAB code of the book:
"Introduction to Audio Analysis, A MATLAB® Approach", Theodoros Giannakopoulos and Aggelos Pikrakis, 2014, Academic Press, 9780080993881.
Due to quota limits, the current zip file does not contain the data files (e.g, example audio files) used in the book. These can be found in the following link:
http://iit.demokritos.gr/~tyianak/audioAnalysisLibraryData.zip . Download this file and then unzip "data" folder in the same path as "library" of the current submission. Alternatively, you can directly download both the library and the data in a common zip file here: http://iit.demokritos.gr/~tyianak/audioAnalysisLibrary.zip
In general, the library covers a wide range of audio analysis tasks, including:
- general audio handling (I/O, playback, recording, etc)
- audio processing
- feature extraction
- music information retrieval
Below are some particular methods/algorithms presented in the library:
- signal recording / playback
- audio filtering
- short-time audio processing
- short-time FFT
- short-term energy, zero crossing rate, entropy of energy
- chroma vector, spectral features (flux, centroid, etc)
- pitch, fundumental frequency
- audio segment classification: k-Nearest Neighbor Classifier, Support Vector Machines, Decision Trees
- audio segmentation
- Hidden Markov Models, Dynamic Programming
- Music summarization, audio thumbnailing, music visualization, dimensionality reduction
The "readme.html" file contains a general description of both the library and the audio data contents, however a complete description of the individual functionalities is given in the book.
can you please upload library data folder again? Its no more in the link you mentioned.Thanks.
Where is the library located? The link given does not exist any more.
the data folder does not exist in the link
This is a great way to get into the way Audio Forensic examiners need to understand and use to analyze evidence.
Update: New article on pyAudioAnalysis: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0144610
Update: For a similar library in python, please check: https://github.com/tyiannak/pyAudioAnalysis/
Minor Changes in Description
Minor changes in description
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.