I made this GUI using GUIDE in order to read las file (Log ASCII Standard) and display well log curves.
It has the following functions:
1. read las file and edit well log curves.
2. plot selected well log curves
3. enable user to activate a log reading line so sample points and their readings will be highlighted once mouse hovers to that depth
4. lithology picking mode enable user to pick lithologic boundaries and the program will automatically block the picked boundaries and distinguish different lithologies with user specified colors
5. all the data can be exported to base workspace for further analysis.
6. It provides easy key board control for well log curves:
upper arrow and down arrow will scroll log curves up and down
pageup and page down keys will scroll half screen
This app is now able to fulfill its task: read las file -> display well log curves -> pick lithologies,
but it takes time to be further polished.
Chen Qi (2020). Well log interpreter (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/51181-well-log-interpreter), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Doesn't work. Gives the following error on plotting
Dot indexing is not supported for variables of this type.
Error in cqi_GUI_quantify_coal>ID_plotcurve_Callback (line 254)
curve_info = cell(size(wlog_main.curve_info,1),1);
Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
Error in cqi_GUI_quantify_coal (line 42)
Error while evaluating UIControl Callback.
This is quite good. It is an easy interface to save LAS data and Lithozones to the workspace for further manipulation. Sure, many more things could be done, but for what it is it is good.
I will try to explain how it works:
1. You start importing data via panel called "Data Preparation". Click the row "Load from las" and it should pop up the file selection dialog and you can select the .las file to load.
2. Once well is loaded, you can inspect its information by clicking "Edit well information" button under "Data Preparation" panel. From the "Edit well information" panel you can modify the well log and curve information. This by design should change the plotted curves but I am not sure it that works.
3. After reviewed your well log information, click the "Plot well log curves" in "Data Preparation" panel and select the corresponding well log curves in the pop up selection panel.
4. To pick the lithology, click "Edit lithology classification" button under "Lithology Classification" panel. You will have to fill the "Excel like" spreadsheet under "Edit Lithology Classification" panel. To pick a lithology, toggle on "Focus" column. When "Mode" is "pick", you pick the top and bottom of the focused lithology. When "Mode" is "delete". you pick the picked lithology by clicking within its intervals.
Chen Qi, can u share the some user manual steps, i will be greatful, email@example.com
Dani, could you please inspect more carefully then write some review or make your decision to give one star? On the right side of the page, there is an eye-catching "Acknowledgements" section that you would not miss if you not rushing to judge other people's voluntarily work. Thanks if you can see this.
Relies on the SeisLab FEX contribution by Eike Rietsch without acknowledging it.
Chen Qi, I tried to install you app, but it freezes matlab. Can you please share the source code as .m files instead of .mlappinstall
Thank you so much,
Great app! Pretty helpful!
Hi Chen Qi. Could you please share the code for read .las. Thanks.
Really want to try it but don't know how to get started. Have you prepared a user's guide or tutorial?
@Stlywo Thanks for commenting. I was asked to do so long time ago. I am busying with graduation and may find time after my defense. Please add this file to watch and I will make modifications to the app in the future and with read me file.
Do you have a readme or written/video tutorial? Excited to use this app, just having a bit of trouble figuring out how to proceed! Thanks!
Inspired by: SeisLab 3.01