Raspberry Pi Simulink Driver Blocks ADC DAC PWM
Updated 18 Jun 2015
Support for the Raspberry Pi beyond toggling GPIO. Joshua Hurst did some good work creating these blocks: http://uk.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/41529-raspberry-pi-pwm-driver-block-sfunction but there were a number of errors/steps lacking to get them compiling and working on a Raspberry Pi.
Uncomment or copy into another Raspberry Pi model the blocks you wish to use.
* You must open the S-Function driver block and click 'Build' to generate the
embedded coder files otherwise you will receive an error 'sfcn\_.... does
* If using the ADS1115 and MCP4725 you will require my fork of wiringPi:
https://github.com/tuna-f1sh/wiringPi-mcp4725 see the README for
* If using the PWM block, you will need to enable SPI in Raspbian - see: http://uk.mathworks.com/help/supportpkg/raspberrypiio/examples/analog-input-using-spi.html or enable via SSH.
* The scopes work in real-time on the Pi to see the correct data is going
to/coming from blocks.
* The discrete timestep is set to 'Ts' throughout the model. This is
initialised as 1e-3s at model load - it seems to be the sweet spot for
performance/usage. Remember to consider quantisation that this can create
with signals driving the blocks.
* wiringPi softPWM:
* Do not sure both ADC blocks at once without changing the wiringPi 'pin'
assignment - it won't work.
* See the post on my blog explaining how these work: http://wp.me/p2C0Bi-bK
# Install wiringPi Fork
1. Login to the Pi via SSH.
2. `git clone https://github.com/tuna-f1sh/wiringPi-mcp4725`
3. `cd wiringPi-mcp4725`
www.jbrengineering.co.uk - @j_whittington - 2015
John Whittington (2023). Raspberry Pi Simulink Driver Blocks ADC DAC PWM (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/51232-raspberry-pi-simulink-driver-blocks-adc-dac-pwm), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: Device Drivers, Raspberry Pi Driver Block SFunction, Raspberry Pi PWM Driver Block SFunction
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.