Optimal Step Nonrigid ICP is a MATLAB implementation of a non-rigid variant of the iterative closest point algorithm. It can be used to register 3D surfaces. The method is described in the following paper:
'Optimal Step Nonrigid ICP Algorithms for Surface Registration', Amberg, Romandhani and Vetter, CVPR, 2007.
* Non-rigid and local deformations of a template surface or point cloud.
* Iterative stiffness reduction allows for global intitial transformations that become increasingly localised.
* Optional initial rigid registration using standard iterative closest point.
* Optional bi-directional distance metric which encourages surface deformations to cover more of the target surface.
* Handles missing data in the target surface by ignoring correspondences with points on target edges.
Charlie Nash (2021). Optimal Step Nonrigid ICP (https://github.com/charlienash/nricp), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!