Optimal Step Nonrigid ICP is a MATLAB implementation of a non-rigid variant of the iterative closest point algorithm. It can be used to register 3D surfaces. The method is described in the following paper:
'Optimal Step Nonrigid ICP Algorithms for Surface Registration', Amberg, Romandhani and Vetter, CVPR, 2007.
* Non-rigid and local deformations of a template surface or point cloud.
* Iterative stiffness reduction allows for global intitial transformations that become increasingly localised.
* Optional initial rigid registration using standard iterative closest point.
* Optional bi-directional distance metric which encourages surface deformations to cover more of the target surface.
* Handles missing data in the target surface by ignoring correspondences with points on target edges.
Charlie Nash (2023). Optimal Step Nonrigid ICP (https://github.com/charlienash/nricp), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Versions that use the GitHub default branch cannot be downloaded
Bug fix in nricp.m
Now handles missing target surface data by ignoring correspondences to points lying on edge of target. Added option to reject correspondences where surface normals are not close. Added demo for missing data.
Minor formatting changes.