# compute-hdc: Highest density contour method in Matlab
A software to compute a highest density environmental contour.
A highest density (HD) contour is one possible definition for an environmental
contour. This definition has been proposed by Haselsteiner, Ohlendorf,
Wosniok and Thoben (2017; http://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2017.03.002)
## Download and use the repository
To download this repository and its submodules use
git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/ahaselsteiner/compute-hdc.git
## Individual files and functionality
This software involves a couple of .m files for computing a HD contour:
* `computeHdc`: Computes the contour. It needs a probabilistic model,
an exceedance probability and a grid as its input.
* `computeHdcExampleWithCMA`: Cotains examples how to use `computeHdc`.
* `getProbabilisticModel`: Returns some sample probabilistic models,
which can be used with `computeHdc`.
* The other functions are subroutines needed for `computeHdc`.
The software also includes implementations of other environmental contour
methods, which use different definitions for the exceedance probablity
of an environmental contour:
* `computeIFormContour`: Computes an inverse first order reliablity method
* `computeDsContour`: Computes a direct sampling contour.
* `computeISormContour`: Computes an inverse second order reliablity method
Andreas Haselsteiner (2022). compute-hdc: Highest density contour method in Matlab (https://github.com/ahaselsteiner/compute-hdc), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!