You can embed any message you want for your special one within the cool Matrix digital rain. The code is fully customizable and fully vectorized (with a single for-loop). Remember to flip the video file horizontally afterwards to get the mirrored characters! Here is an example of the generated video (https://youtu.be/Y_LXY7TGnWA).
To reproduce the visual effect of the Matrix digital rain, the following features are incorporated:
(1) Randomized rain length
(2) Randomized rain falling speed
(3) Head effect: the first 3 characters of each rain are brighter and whiter
(4) Tail effect: the brightness of the trailing characters of each rain fade gradually
(5) Randomized tail length
(6) Rain characters change randomly at a given rate
(7) Rain characters have randomized brightness
The rendering with the default parameters take about 20 mins, so be patient. Matlab text() function is not fast.
Yifan Gu (2023). Matrix digital rain (raining code) with a message emerging i (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/61454-matrix-digital-rain-raining-code-with-a-message-emerging-i), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Fix a bug specific to most recent Matlab versions.
Some clean up.
(1) Fully vectorize the code: there is only one for-loop left.
Add the screen shot and a youtube link to the video example.