This driver set consists mainly of the following items:
Communicate with a Philips Hue bridge to talk to the Hue personal wireless LED lights.
- Finds the Hue Bridge using https://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp
- Checks if user previously paired with bridge, if not a pairing procedure is started.
- Upon completed connection with the Hue-Bridge, user will get an appID, stored to a mat file userNameWQuotes.mat" for later use.
- Returns the url to the first found light attached to the bridge : urlLIGHT_State
- Communication with the Bridge to write is done via a ML central sumbmission, urlread2, by Jim Hokanson: https://nl.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/35693-urlread2
- By editing one switch internally, one can choose to work with a Hue Emulator instead of the real Hue Bridge. This helps debugging possible issues. It helped me tremendously.
get it here: http://steveyo.github.io/Hue-Emulator/
(2) set_Lamp_RGB(urlLIGHT_State, RGBint, GAMUT)
- Changes color of lamp using RGB triplet in [0..255].
- GAMUT: A,B,C: depends on what lamp you have, ref: https://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/supported-lights
- Makes use of other functions such as RGBint_2_xy_Philips_Hue
(3) set_Lamp_HSV(urlLIGHT_State, HSVpc, mode, GAMUT)
Changes color of lamp using HSV
- HSV = triplet in [0..360],[0..100],[0..100]
- mode = direct | convert
direct: ignores hw color mappings and maps hues linearly : 0-65535 onto [0-360]
convert: uses the provided GAMUT and resorts to set_Lamp_RGB, after internal conversion.
- GAMUT, only used in mode = convert
In the near future I will combine this with a color browser tool, earlier released, "colorStudioMax".
Massimo Ciacci (2022). Philips Hue Matlab Driver (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/63606-philips-hue-matlab-driver), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: urlread2
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!