Tutorial: Genetic Algorithm and Particle Swarm Optimization
Version 22.214.171.124 (4.81 KB) by Karl Ezra Pilario
GA and PSO: Code with comments for understanding the algorithms.
Updated 19 May 2022
This submission contains standard implementations of GA and PSO for minimizing various 2-D test functions. The code is intended for students who wish to learn GA and PSO code line by line. Users can change a few parameters to see the effects on the algorithm behavior.
The outputs of PSOtutor.m and GAtutor.m are:
- Simulation: Plot of all candidates as a moving scatter plot on the search space.
- Performance: Plot of worst, median, and best solutions against the elapsed iterations.
- Final Answer: Global minima where the run has converged.
Karl Ezra Pilario (2023). Tutorial: Genetic Algorithm and Particle Swarm Optimization (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/65811-tutorial-genetic-algorithm-and-particle-swarm-optimization), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2022a
Compatible with any release
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Mathematics and Optimization > Global Optimization Toolbox > Genetic Algorithm >
- Mathematics and Optimization > Global Optimization Toolbox > Particle Swarm >
Find more on Genetic Algorithm in Help Center and MATLAB Answers
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.