Large-loop antenna system toolbox
Updated 26 Jan 2018
The large-loop antenna system (LLAS), also called the Van-Veen loop antenna, is a magnetic field antenna system consisting of three orthogonal oriented loop antennas . It measures the three vector components of low-frequency magnetic field disturbances from an electronic or electrical product in the frequency range from 9 kHz up to 30 MHz. The equipment under test (EUT) is positioned in the center of the LLAS. A current transformer converts the induced loop current in each of the loops to a voltage which is measured by a CISPR receiver. The LLAS is specified in the CISPR 16-1-4  basic standard of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). Typical applications of the LLAS include measurement of EMI disturbances from lighting equipment , induction cooking appliances  and other types of inductive power transfer equipment (wireless charging).
- LLAS_ref_validation_factor: calculation of reference validation factor of a large loop antenna system for different diameters
- conversion_factors_different_LLAS_diameters: calculation of the current in a large-loop antenna (LLA) for a dipole oriented in the same plane for different LLA diameters
- conversion_factor_LLAS_to_field_at_3_distances: calculation of magnetic field of a magnetic dipole at three distances and calculation of LLA current to magnetic field conversion factors
- iLAS: calculates the current measured by a Van Veen LLAS with a specified diameter due to a magnetic dipole located within the LLAS
- mDipole: calculates the E- and H-field due to a magnetic dipole in vacuum
 J.R. Bergervoet, H. van Veen, A Large-Loop Antenna for Magnetic Field Measurements, Proceedings of the 8th International Zürich Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, March 1989, ETH Zentrum - IKT, 8092 Zürich, Switzerland, p. 29-34
 CISPR 16-1-4: 2017-01 (ed. 3.2), Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and methods – Part 1-4: Radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus – Antennas and test sites for radiated disturbance measurements.
 CISPR 15:2015-03 (ed. 8.1), Limits and methods of measurement of radio disturbance characteristics of electrical lighting and similar equipment.
 CISPR 14-1: 2016-08 (ed. 6), Electromagnetic compatibility – Requirements for household appliances, electric tools and similar apparatus – Part 1: Emission.
Konika Banerjee (2023). Large-loop antenna system toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/65858-large-loop-antenna-system-toolbox), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- RF and Mixed Signal > Antenna Toolbox > Analysis, Benchmarking, and Verification > Antenna and Array Analysis >
- Engineering > Electrical and Computer Engineering > Antennas and Electromagnetic Propagation >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.