This application consists of a real time simulator of GPS constellation, including a suite of visualizations:
- World map with satellite geodetic positions, ground tracks and numeric GPS data,
- Sky map with satellite polar coordinates with regard to the local tangent plane,
- Visibility indicators, with satellites rise and set instants, and the number of visible and healthy satellites,
- Orbital planes and GPS constellation status.
The computation of GPS data is based on:
- Yuma or SEM format almanac (available online),
- UTC time from computer or user defined GPS time,
- User defined reference position,
- GPS operational advisory or constellation status (available online).
Eric Ogier (2019). GPS Visibility Predictor (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/68320-gps-visibility-predictor), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
I didn't have the possibility to check the behavior of the GUIs with MATLAB R2018b. Could you indicate the line at which the application fails ? Are you sure the configuration file (see directories) was available when you started the program ?
I tried to get this to run under R2018b all the GUI's fail-says index exceed matrix dimensions
- Improvement of the precision of GPS real time
Introduction of SEM almanac.
Correction of a minor bug occurring during initialization file loading.