This application consists of a real time simulator of GPS constellation, including a suite of visualizations:
- World map with satellite geodetic positions, ground tracks and numeric GPS data,
- Sky map with satellite polar coordinates with regard to the local tangent plane,
- Visibility indicators, with satellites rise and set instants, and the number of visible and healthy satellites,
- Orbital planes and GPS constellation status.
The computation of GPS data is based on:
- Yuma or SEM format almanac (available online),
- UTC time from computer or user defined GPS time,
- User defined reference position,
- GPS operational advisory or constellation status (available online).
Eric Ogier (2020). GPS Visibility Predictor (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/68320-gps-visibility-predictor), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
"wgs84ellipsoid" is a function from "Mapping Toolbox", used to define the reference ellipsoid for the following coordinates conversion functions:
(see argument Object.Ellipsoid)
If such an error message happens, you should encounter access problems with this toolbox (no license or too old version of MATLAB).
You can substitute your own conversion functions to these 4 embedded functions not to use "wgs84ellipsoid" or use an alternative toolbox.
Error using GPS (line 44)
Invalid default value for property 'Ellipsoid' in class 'Constellation':
Undefined function 'wgs84Ellipsoid' for input arguments of type 'char'.
How to fix it? It doesnt work
Tested under R2018a, R2018b, and R2019a - no issues with the GUIs. However, the Current Folder must be ..\GPS 126.96.36.199\GPS for all file I/O related functions (ALM, INI, ...) to work. Adding with Subfolders to the MATLAB Path runs the GUIs correctly, but the aforementioned file I/O's crash. Perhaps this should be pointed out in the User's Manual. If its already there and i missed it, my apologies.
An excellent application.
I didn't have the possibility to check the behavior of the GUIs with MATLAB R2018b. Could you indicate the line at which the application fails ? Are you sure the configuration file (see directories) was available when you started the program ?
I tried to get this to run under R2018b all the GUI's fail-says index exceed matrix dimensions
- Improvement of the precision of GPS real time
Introduction of SEM almanac.
Correction of a minor bug occurring during initialization file loading.