Updated 15 Apr 2022
`float_params` is a MATLAB function for obtaining the parameters of several
floating-point arithmetics. The parameters are built into the code and are
not computed at run time.
The parameters are
- the unit roundoff,
- the smallest positive (subnormal) floating-point number,
- the smallest positive normalized floating-point number,
- the largest floating-point number,
- the number of binary digits in the significand (including the
implicit leading bit)
and the arithmetics supported are
- IEEE half precision (fp16),
- IEEE single precision (fp32),
- IEEE double precision (fp64),
- IEEE quadruple precision (fp128).
The code was developed in MATLAB R2018b and works with versions at least
back to R2016b.
Nick Higham (2023). float_params (https://github.com/higham/float_params), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
Versions that use the GitHub default branch cannot be downloaded