Updated 9 Dec 2019
Calculation of eigenquakes from an earthquake record suite, and reproduction of the initial earthquake suite from the basis eigenquakes. It is found that the difference between the initial records and their corresponding simulated ones is small. Eigenquakes can be used for the generation of artificial earthquake ground motion records for the dynamic analysis of structures during their seismic design.
1) Alimoradi, A., & Beck, J. L. (2014). Machine-learning methods for earthquake ground motion analysis and simulation. Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 141(4), 04014147.
2) Alimoradi, A. (2011). Earthquake ground motion simulation using novel machine learning tools.
George Papazafeiropoulos (2023). Eigenquake simulation (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/73616-eigenquake-simulation), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Sciences > Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences > Geology >
- Sciences > Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences > Seismology >
- Engineering > Civil and Environmental Engineering > Earthquake Engineering >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.