These routines support the book "Risk and Asset Allocation" Springer Finance, by A. Meucci, see http://www.symmys.com
The routines include many new features:
- more uni-, multi- and matrix-variate distributions
- more copulas
- more graphical representations
- more analyses in terms of the location-dispersion ellipsoid.
- best replication / best factor selection
- FFT-based projection of a distribution to the investment horizon
- caveats about delta/gamma pricing
- step-by-step evaluation of a generic estimator
- non-parametric estimators
- multivariate elliptical maximum-likelihood estimators
- shrinkage estimators: Stein and Ledoit-Wolf, Bayesian classical equivalent
- robust estimators: Hubert M, high-breakdown minimum volume ellipsoid
- missing-data techniques: EM algorithm, uneven-series conditional estimation
- stochastic dominance
- extreme value theory for VaR
- Cornish-Fisher approximation for VaR
- kernel-based contribution to VaR and expected shortfall from different risk-factors
- mean-variance analysis and pitfalls (different horizons, compounded vs. linear returns, etc...)
- Bayesian estimation (multivariate analytical, Monte Carlo Markov Chains, priors for correlation matrices)
- estimation risk evaluation: opportunity cost of estimation-based allocations
- Black Litterman allocation
- robust optimization (calls SeDuMi to perform cone programming)
- robust Bayesian allocation
In addition to these MATLAB routines, at www.symmys.com the reader can find other freely downloadable complementary materials:
- the "Technical Appendices", a booklet with the proofs of the results presented in the books and used in the routines
- the "Slides", a set of presentations that walk the reader through the whole book
- the "Errata", a few typos in the first two reprints of the book
- the "Sample", an excerpt of the book.
Any feedback on the above materials is highly appreciated: please refer to www.symmys.com to contact the author.
Attilio Meucci (2021). Risk and Asset Allocation (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9061-risk-and-asset-allocation), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!